The Certificate IV in Small Business Management [BSB40407] covers what is needed to establish a micro-, small to medium business in Australia. Additionally, the competencies achieved in this course can be applied in any workplace or business environment as an employee. Specifically, it covers how to:
- Investigate and research opportunities ascertain the feasibility of a business.
- Identify and comply with business legal and administrative requirements.
- Develop a financial plan to support business viability.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Monitor and improve market performance.
- Research and develop an integrated business plan for achieving business goals and objectives.
- Operate the business by implementing the business plan involving monitoring, managing and reviewing operational procedures.
- Implement, monitor and review strategies for the ongoing management of finance including the day to day financial management of the business.
- Plan and manage staff including industrial relations, staff selection, staff records, induction, training and team development to enhance business operations.
Business coaching and mentoring is also provided throughout the course.